Last modified: September 13, 2021
knowRX Inc., a Delaware corporation (“knowRX”, “Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
● The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use The Owl App by knowRX Health (the “App“).
● Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
● We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
● You provide to, or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info@knowRXhealth.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically when you use the App.
● From electronic medical record systems of third parties, provided you have executed a third party patient consent form permitting such collection.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you to provide information:
● By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and your medical or health information (“personal information“).
● That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your internet protocol address and your geographic location.
This information includes:
● Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App or subscribing to our service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
● Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
● Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
● Details of transactions you carry out through the App.
● Your search queries on the App.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
● Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
● Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
● Location Information. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information [do not download the App, delete it from your device, or you may opt out at any time by emailing info@knowRXhealth.com]. Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
● Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information
The privacy of the individually identifiable health information knowRx collects in connection with some of our relationships with health plans, health insurers, health care clearinghouses, pharmacies, certain biopharmaceutical and medical device technology firms and their surrogates and suppliers, and other health care providers (“Covered Entities”), and large employers, may be protected by federal law (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA, the HITECH Act, and their regulations). Your individually identifiable health information may also be protected by state privacy laws in some instances. This health information is referred to as “protected health information” (“PHI”). In providing our services, knowRX may be a “Business Associate” (as defined by HIPAA regulations), but we are not a Covered Entity. Your PHI will only be used for the purpose of supplying you with services you request, for our own business purposes, or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, except where otherwise permitted by law. For example, with your consent, we may use your PHI to communicate with you regarding products, services, and features that may be of interest to you and that are offered by our affiliates and business partners. We may also use and share your personal contact information to communicate with you about products and services that you have requested through the App.
In instances where you have authorized the Company to use and disclose your PHI for certain purposes, you may withdraw your consent in the future. You may withdraw your consent by sending your request in writing to: info@knowRXhealth.com or a letter addressed to knowRX Inc., 2101 E. Saint Elmo Rd., Bldg. 1, Suite 100, Austin, Texas 78744. Please note that your withdrawal will not be effective until your request is received and will not apply to uses and disclosures that have already been made in reliance on your consent.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
● Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
● Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
● Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
● Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
● Speed up your searches.
● Recognize you when you use the App.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
● To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
● To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business[ and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them].
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of knowRX’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by knowRX about our App users is among the assets transferred.
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
● With your consent.
● [OTHER TYPES OF THIRD-PARTY DISCLOSURES.]
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
● To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any APP EULA, and for billing and collection.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of knowRX, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
● [Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may become inaccessible or not function properly.]
● Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing info@knowRXhealth.com.
● [Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing info@knowRXhealth.com.]
● [Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by emailing info@knowRXhealth.com.]
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page. We will only provide you with your patient records if you have completed a third-party patient consent form permitting us to obtain such records; otherwise, we will recommend that you directly contact your healthcare provider to obtain a copy of your patient records.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Services Outside of the US
knowRX’s servers reside within the United States, and if you access the App from outside of the United States, personal information about you will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By accessing our services from outside of the United States, you are consenting to the transfer of your personally identifiable information outside of your home country to the United States and acknowledge that you may not have the same data protections as afforded in your country of residence. Notwithstanding the foregoing, knowRX does not knowingly collect any information from individuals located within the European Union or market to individuals residing in the European Union.
2101 E. Saint Elmo Rd., Bldg. 1, Suite 100
Austin, Texas 78744